Pedestrian Accident FAQ
Get Answers to Your Pedestrian Accident Questions.
- What should I do if I am involved in a pedestrian accident?
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident:
At John Bales Attorneys, we understand you cannot always prevent an accident from happening, but you can be prepared for what comes next. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 225-5564 or fill out our free initial consultation form.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries.
The initial shock of an accident can make it difficult for you to evaluate your own health after an accident. You should see a doctor as soon as possible, even if your injuries seem minor.
- When possible, get an accident report.
A police accident report citing witness details and contact information can be helpful when proving your case after an accident.
- Get legal help.
Consider calling an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer to help get you the compensation you deserve.
- How do I know if I have a case?
Determining who is responsible for a pedestrian accident is not always clear. Factors that may affect whether or not you have a case can include:
The knowledgeable legal professionals at John Bales Attorneys can review the details of your case and help you get the compensation you are owed.
- Crosswalks, traffic signals, and other street markings near where the accident occurred,
- How fast the vehicle that hit you was traveling,
- Eyewitness reports, and
- My accident was a hit-and-run. What should I do?
If the vehicle that struck you fled the scene of the accident, you may still be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A knowledgeable pedestrian accident lawyer can help investigate the details of your claim and determine what legal options are available to you after a hit-and-run accident.
- How can a lawyer help me after a pedestrian accident?
After an accident, insurance adjusters may not have your best interests in mind—they often attempt to settle claims quickly to save the insurance company money. An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer can:
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, let the legal professionals at John Bales Attorneys build a strong claim on your behalf. We want to help you get the resolution you deserve.
- Gather evidence related to your claim,
- Investigate the details surrounding your accident,
- Collect records showing the financial impact of your injuries,
- Organize the medical records related to your accident,
- Retain expert witnesses to strengthen your claim, and
- How long do I have to file a lawsuit for the injuries sustained in my pedestrian accident?
The deadline to file a lawsuit for injuries from a pedestrian accident, known as the statute of limitations, is usually 4 years from the date of the accident. However, depending on the details of your claim, there may be exceptions to this deadline. If you have been injured, consider speaking with a qualified pedestrian accident injury lawyer immediately to help ensure your legal rights to collect compensation are protected.