Florida Motorcycle Insurance Requirements

Have Motorcycle Insurance Questions? John Bales Attorneys Has Answers.

At John Bales Attorneys, our motorcycle accident lawyers know that Florida requires all car and truck drivers to carry insurance to protect themselves and other motorists in the event of crashes. But did you know that Florida law does not require motorcyclists to carry the same type of insurance?

If you are involved in a motorcycle accident and you do not have insurance, you could be held financially responsible for all of the damages—including property damage and medical bills. In addition, you may lose your license and registration or be subject to civil court judgment, such as community service or even a jail sentence.

John Bales Attorneys Knows Florida Motorcycle Insurance Requirements

When you get injured on your motorcycle and have no insurance, it can be difficult to get the compensation you deserve. To protect yourself and others in the event of an accident, it is important that you keep the following types of insurance:

  • Bodily injury coverage to pay for medical bills
  • Property damage coverage to pay for vehicle repairs
  • Uninsured/Underinsured coverage for any uninsured or underinsured accident victims

In addition, motorcycle riders who carry less than $10,000 in medical insurance coverage are required to wear helmets at all times. However, even $10,000 of coverage is often not enough to cover the full extent of damages that may result from a motorcycle accident. For full protection, you may want to consider adding comprehensive coverage to cover your motorcycle, any potential injuries, and property damage.

Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help

If you have questions about Florida’s motorcycle insurance laws, or if you were injured in a motorcycle accident and need help, John Bales Attorneys is here for you. Our motorcycle lawyers are familiar with the state’s insurance requirements, and we have the experience needed to help you get your life back. Call us at (800) 225-5564 or fill out a free initial consultation form.