Did You Suffer Serious Injuries in an Auto Accident? Call John Bales Attorneys.
Whether it is a high-speed interstate collision or a fender bender in stop and go traffic, all auto accidents can result in injuries for both drivers and passengers. While some car crash victims may walk away from accidents with just minor scrapes and bruises, others may suffer serious injuries that are life changing and require immediate medical attention.
No matter what type of injury you suffered in your auto accident, the legal team at John Bales Attorneys has the resources and the experience to help you. Our auto accident lawyers know the difficulties you are facing, and we will do everything we can to help you get your life back. Contact us at (800) 225-5564 or fill out a free initial consultation form.
COMMON TYPES OF INJURIES
The speed, weight, and momentum in auto accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries affecting almost every part of the body. The most common types of auto accident injuries include:
- Back and Neck Injuries – The back and neck are vulnerable to injury during an auto accident, which can lead to bulging or herniated discs, pulled muscles and ligaments, and whiplash.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Rollover accidents, head-on collisions, and other types of car, motorcycle, pedestrian, and truck accidents often can cause spinal cord injuries in auto accident victims. Some victims may experience partial or complete paralysis as a result of these injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) –While safety features such as seatbelts and airbags can help reduce the risk of traumatic brain injuries, the outcome is still far too common. When the extreme force of a car accident impacts the brain, one can be left with severe damage, swelling, and even hemorrhaging.
- Burn Injuries – Many Florida car accidents can lead to serious burns due to metal, steam, fire or even dangerous chemicals. Car accident burn injuries often leave people in extreme pain and sometimes permanently disfigured.
- Facial Injuries – Facial injuries are unfortunately a tragic outcome of many Florida car accidents. These injuries are not only physically disfiguring but they are also emotionally taxing and even with reconstructive surgery can be difficult to recover from.
- Loss of limbs – Though not as common as many of the other injuries, this disfiguring car accident injury creates a lifelong disability. Many people who suffer from traumatic amputation are left with the mental and physical anguish long after the car accident itself.
At John Bales Attorneys, we know that not all auto accident injuries are obvious right away. In fact, some injuries may be internal and could go unnoticed for days or weeks after the accident, only to cause extreme pain and disability weeks later. That is why it is so important to seek medical attention immediately after your accident, even if you do not think you were seriously injured.
YOU ARE HURT—WE CAN HELP.
Your auto accident injuries can have a huge impact on your life. Not only is it difficult for you to return to work, you also may need months of expensive medical treatment that you cannot afford. This can be a frightening time, but you do not have to deal with it alone. Our auto accident lawyers will fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your accident-related expenses. Call us now at 1-800-CALL JOHN (1-8000-225-5564) or complete our FREE consultation form.
DAMAGES AND COMPENSATION IN A PERSONAL INJURY CASE
The cost of your injuries can be difficult to estimate because no two auto accident cases are exactly alike. To calculate the damages or the amount of compensation the injured party may receive, a jury will take into account many factors including the costs incurred and the pain suffering.
- The direct financial cost or out-of-pocket cost
- The direct damagesare the specific and general damages related to the accident including:
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property Loss
- Cost of medical bills
- Pain and suffering, emotional damages, and other indirect damages are harder to predict because they do not have a monetary value assigned to them, making it more a difficult and subjective task. They include
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Inability to conceive due to accident-related injuries
- Loss of relationships
- Loss of limbs or extremities
In extreme cases where the defendant was grossly negligent and put lives at risk, a judge may allow a victim to seek punitive damages as a form of punishment for the offending party. However, Florida law makes it almost impossible to recover them.
HOW MUCH TO EXPECT FROM CAR ACCIDENT SETTLEMENT?
John Bales attorneys have years of experience handling car, pedestrian, motorcycle, bicycle, and trucking accident lawsuits. If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident injury and are thinking about filing a claim to receive compensation for medical bills and other expenses and damages, our attorneys can help. One common question many people have is how much is their case worth. Due to the nature of car accident lawsuits, each case has a different set of circumstances. A good way to determine how much to expect from a car accident settlement is to reach out a John Bales car accident attorney by calling the auto accidents attorneys at John Bales Attorneys now for a FREE consultation at 1-CALL-JOHN (1-800-225-5564), or fill out our FREE initial consultation form.